* The construction of Baku Olympic Stadium is completed within 24 months.
* Completion of Tupras RUP Project, in Turkey.
* TANAP Projects LOT3 take off in Turkey with 2 sites accordingly.
* Baku Olympic Stadium is awarded as The Best Project in Sports / Entertainment category by ENR.
* Tekfen Construction signed a $ 565 mio contract for the Lot 3 (56 x 509 km) of Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) Project which will be completed in 36 months.
* Completion of OCP Slurry Pipeline Project, in Morocco.
* Shah Deniz Stage 2 (SD2) Projects, Fabrication of Offshore Facilities and Hook Up and Commissionning Support & Onshore Terminal Facility Construction takes off in Azerbaijan.
* Baku Olympic Stadium Project takes off in Azerbaijan.
* Tekfen signs contract for Shah Deniz Stage 2 Fabrication of Offsite Facilities and Hook Up and Commissioning Support.
* Tekfen signs contract for Shah Deniz Stage 2 Onshore Terminal Facility - Sangachal Terminal.
* Completion of DAP (Diammonium Phosphate) Fertilizer Plants in Morocco.
* Completion of SAS/ASAB Main Oil Line and ME&I Works at Central Degassing Station in U.A.E.
* Completion of Kashagan Main Works Construction in Kazakhstan.
* Completion of QAPCO Low Density Polyethylene Plant (LDPE3), in Qatar.
* Completion of Kashagan Field Development Project, Tranche-3.
* Tekfen signs contract for Propylene Oxide Process Unit in Saudi Arabia.
* Tekfen signs contract for Toros Tarım Samsun Plant Investment Project.
* Tekfen ranked 85th, in ENRs list of "Top 225 Contractors".
* Tekfen signs contract for South Yoloten Gas Field Development Scheme in Turkmenistan.
* Tekfen signs contract for Tüpras Residuum Upgrading in Turkey.
* Completion of Wet Phosphoric Acid Plant in Saudi Arabia.
* Tekfen signs contracts for Fabrication of Topsides & Drilling Facilities & Integration of Living Quarters (18.500 t) and New Management Office of Socar in Azerbaijan.
* Tekfen signs contracts with OCP for DAP Fertilizer Plant and Slurry Pipeline in Morocco.
* Completion of Maritza East-1 Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria.
* Completion of Harweel Cluster Phase II, Gas & Oil Pipeline in Oman.
* Tekfen signs contract for Qapco LDPE 3 Project in Qatar.
* Tekfen signs contract for SAS/ASAB Main Oil Line and ME&I Works in U.A.E.
* Completion of two challenging projects Petrorabigh Utilities & Offsites Umbrella (UOU) and Khurais Water Injection Facilities & Utilities in Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of Azeri, Chiraq, Guneshli Onshore Terminal Phases 1,2,3 in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Samir Refinery, Upgrade Works, Morocco with over 25.000.000 manhours without DAFWC.
* Completion of Umm Bab-Mesaieed Crude Oil Pipeline in Qatar.
* Tekfen upgrades its Quality System from ISO 9001: 2000 to ISO 9001: 2008.
* Completion of PCWU Topside Platform (13.500 t) in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Bursa Light Rail System, Section B in Turkey.
* Completion of Petrorabigh Utilities & Offsites Package (UO1) in Saudi Arabia.
* Tekfen upgrade its Occupational Health and Safety System, OHSAS 18001: 1999 to OHSAS 18001: 2007.
* Tekfen receives IPLOCA Safety Award for the year 2007.
* Kashagan Main Works Project, Kazakhstan, exceedes 27.000.000 manhours without DAFWC.
* Tekfen signs contract for Primary Routes, North Road Project in Qatar.
* Tekfen signs contract for Wet Phosphoric Acid Plant Project in Saudi Arabia.
* Khurais Water Injection Facilities and Utilities Project takes off in Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of Ras Laffan to Mesaieed Ethane Transmission Pipeline Project in Qatar.
* Completion of Enhancement of Crude Export Facilities Project in Kuwait.
* Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Tekfen Group.
* Completion of BTC Pipeline Project, Ceyhan Marine Terminal, Onshore / Offshore Works in Turkey.
* Completion of Shah Deniz Gas Export Onshore Terminal in Azerbaijan.
* Kufra Conveyance System Project takes off in Libya.
* Rabigh Refinery Project, Civil & Mechanical Works take off in Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of ACG Full Field Development, Sangachal Terminal, Phase 1 and 2 Project in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Afsin Elbistan Thermal Power Plant, Unit B Project in Turkey.
* Completion of C&WP Topside Platform Fabrication Works in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Atyrau Refinery Reconstruction Works in Kazakhstan.
* Completion of Yanbu Refinery DHT Complex Civil Works in Saudi Arabia.
* Ras Laffan to Mesaieed Ethane Transmission Pipeline Project takes off in Qatar.
* Enhancement of Crude Export Facilities Project takes off in Kuwait.
* Maritza- East 1 Thermal Power Plant Construction Works take off in Bulgaria.
* Two new construction schemes in Saudi Arabia: Yanbu Refinery Diesel Hydrotreating Complex Civil Works & Quad-1 Pipeline for Ain Dar and Shedgum Seawater Conversion System Projects take off.
* Tekfen reconfirms its HSE attitude and pioneers also on 'environment' : ISO 14001Environmental Management System certification process is successfully completed.
* Another challenging project in Azerbaijan: Process, Compression, Water Utility Platform (13.500 t), Topside Fabrication Works Project starts in partnership with Amec & Azfen.
* BTC, Ceyhan Marine Terminal - Construction of 2.3 km Jetty; 496th (final) pile is driven as of 27 September; the total length of the piles driven reach 152 km.
* Tekfen steps into a new continent, new country with a motorway contract in Morocco; Tanger- Port de Oued Rmel Motorway Project is signed.
* BursaRay B: Construction works of the 2nd Phase of the Light Rail System for Bursa City is awarded to Tekfen - Siemens - Tüvasas Consortium.
* Accreditation of Tekfen for ISO 14001: 2004.
* IPLOCA 2004 Environmental Award for Tekfen's Sangachal (Azerbaijan) & BTC (Ceyhan-Turkey) schemes.
* STB 1 Barge Upgrade Work Project takes off in Azerbaijan.
* Atyrau Refinery Rehabilitation Works take off in Kazakhstan.
* Completion of Haradh Gas Pipeline Project in Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of Apsheron Peninsula Natural Gas Pipeline Project in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Sugözü Power Plant Project in Turkey.
* Completion of Tekfen Tower Project in Turkey.
* Tekfen extends its accreditation to cover ISO 9001:2000.
* TEKFEN-1 and 2, the largest pile driving barges in Turkey are launched for Ceyhan Marine Terminal Onshore and Offshore Construction Works.
* "Tekfen receives BP's HELIOS Award on 'Promoting Human Development Through Training and Recruitment' theme for its achievement in Sangachal Terminal Expansion Project.
* "Sangachal Onshore Terminal Main Construction Works" take off in Azerbaijan in the framework of Azeri - Chirag - Guneshli Full Field Development Project.
* Apsheron Peninsula Natural Gas Pipeline Project starts in Azerbaijan.
* Tekfen signs contract for "Ceyhan Marine Terminal Onshore and Offshore Construction Works" in the framework of Baku - Tbilisi - Ceyhan Crude Oil Pipeline Project.
* Completion of Istanbul Atatürk Olympic Stadium Project.
* Tekfen Holding adds two more groups into its organization:
"Investment and Service" and "International Investments and Trading", while "Banking" becomes an independent group.
* Accreditation of TEKFEN for Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Systems, OHSAS 18001.
* "Onshore Safety Award" of International Pipeline & Offshore Contractors Association (IPLOCA) goes to Tekfen for its outstanding performance in 2000.
* Prof. Gudushauri General Hospital Rehabilitation Works take off in Georgia.
* Tekfen Holding acquires Bank Express, a 26 - branch commercial bank and merges it with Tekfenbank.
* Azfen finalizes the fabrication of the "Water Injection Module" for Chirag-1 Platform, thus marking its first step in offshore industry.
* Completion of Tarsus-Adana-Gaziantep Motorway Project, the largest project implemented by Tekfen under one contract.
* Completion of Fergana Refinery Modernisation Project, Uzbekistan.
* Completion of Istanbul Metro Phase 1 Project, Turkey.
* CPC Crude Oil Pipeline Project takes off in Kazakhstan.
* Sugözü Power Plant Project takes off in Turkey.
* Afsin Elbistan Power Plant, B Unit Project takes off in Turkey.
* Haradh Gas Pipeline Project takes off in Saudi Arabia.
* Restructuring of Tekfen Holding under four groups:
"Agri - Industry",
"Finance and Services",
"Real Estate Development".
* Completion of the "Azeri section" of Western Route Pipeline Project for AIOC.
* Completion of the construction of "Pump Stations and Mobile Radio Stations" in the framework of Western Route Pipeline Project in Georgia.
* Completion of Mechanical, Electrical, Piping and Instrumentation Works of Supsa Terminal, Georgia.
* Start of 80.000 seat Istanbul Atatürk Olympic Stadium Project, Turkey.
* Start of Tekfen Tower Project in Istanbul, Turkey.
* HMB starts the Federal Chancellery Building and Spreebogen Tunnel Projects in Berlin, Germany.
* "Cotton Spinning Mill" of Papfen, a joint venture between TEKFEN and the Ministry of Light Industry of Uzbekistan, starts production.
* Start of Fergana Refinery Modernisation Project in Uzbekistan.
* Start of the "Azeri section" of Baku-Supsa Crude Oil Pipeline Project for Azerbaijan International Operating Company (AIOC).
* Start of Eastern Province Water Transmission System Project for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
* Start of Western Province Water Transmission System Project for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of Sangachal Terminal Project for AIOC in Azerbaijan.
* Azfen, a joint venture between TEKFEN and the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) is established in Azerbaijan.
* Completion of Saztube - Yelemez -Aporni Crude Oil Pipeline Project in Kazakhstan.
* Istanbul Metro Phase 1 Project takes off for Istanbul Municipality, Turkey.
* Completion of Izmit Unicracker and Associated Units Project for TÜPRAŞ, Turkey.
* Tekfen's work quality is certified with ISO 9001.
* Completion of Tschernoretschje Satellite Town Project in Samara, Russian Federation.
* Akmerkez, a partnership of TEKFEN, starts operating as a prestigious shopping mall with offices and residential units in Istanbul, Turkey.
* HMB starts a large package of on-and-off-site works in Leuna 2000 Refinery Project, in Germany.
* Start of Wafra Tank Farm, Eight Welded Crude Oil Storage Tanks Project for KOC, Kuwait.
* Completion of Al Tameer South Tank Farm Project for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), Kuwait.
* Completion of the first section (124 km) of Tarsus - Adana - Gaziantep (TAG) Motorway, Turkey.
* Completion of Izmir Refinery, Hydrocracker and Associated Units Project, for Turkish Petroleum Refineries Corporation (TÜPRAŞ).
* Acquisition of Hallesche Mitteldeutsche Bau AG (HMB), one of the largest construction companies of the former German Democratic Republic (GDR).
* Tschernoretschje Satellite Town Project takes off in Samara, Russian Federation.
* Completion of Taif City Underground Utilities System Project for the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Saudi Arabia.
* Ataşehir Satellite Town Project takes off in Istanbul for Emlakbank, Turkey.
* Acquisition of majority shares of Akdeniz Fertilizer Industry Co., Inc., Turkey.
* Thomson-Tekfen Radar Co., Inc. is founded to manufacture "Three Dimensional Long Range Mobile Radars" for Turkish Air Force.
* Tekfenbank is established as an investment bank.
* Completion of Al Jubail - Riyadh Water Transmission System, Line C Project for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
* Completion of Assir Water Transmission System Project for SWCC in Saudi Arabia.
* Start of Tarsus - Adana - Gaziantep (TAG) Motorway Project (258 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
* Completion of the 2nd Iraq - Turkey Crude Oil Pipeline Project for BOTAŞ, Turkey.
* Completion of Ceyhan Terminal Tank Farm Expansion Project for BOTAŞ, Turkey.
* Completion of Baiji Tank Farm Project for State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP) Iraq.
* Start of Sinanoba Satellite Town Project for Emlakbank, Turkey.
* Completion of Yumurtalık - Kırıkkale Crude Oil Pipeline, Tank Farm and Pump Stations Project for BOTAŞ, Turkey.
* Technical Services Co., Inc. (TST) starts manufacturing polypropylene and polyethylene bags in Adana, Turkey.
* Completion of the 1st Expansion of Toros Fertilizer Plant at Ceyhan, Turkey.
* Al Jubail - Riyadh Water Transmission System, Line C Project takes off for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
* Tekfen Engineering Co., Inc. is established as an independent entity to meet the design and engineering needs of turnkey projects.
* Completion of Naphta Steam Cracking Plant Project for Petkim Petrochemical Co., Inc., at AliaĞa, Turkey.
* Completion of Riyadh Water Transmission System, High Point Terminal Project for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
* Start of 14 x 380 kV Transformer Substations Project for Turkish Electricity Authority (TEK).
* Tekfen Foreign Trade Co., Inc. is formed as an international trade house.
* Start of Riyadh Water Transmission System, High Point Terminal Project for Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), the first job in Saudi Arabia.
* Toros Fertilizer Plant starts production.
* Tekfen Food and Consumption Goods Marketing Co., Inc. is established as a distributing and marketing company for consumer goods.
* Start of construction works for Toros Fertilizer and Chemical Industry Co., Inc. at Ceyhan, Turkey, a new company of the Group established to produce high grade compound fertilizers, NPK and MAP.
* Completion of the 1st Iraq - Turkey Crude Oil Pipeline Project together with a marine terminal and a tank farm for Petroleum Pipeline Corporation (BOTAŞ) at Ceyhan, Turkey.
* Start of activities abroad: Tekfen signs contract for Fahaheel Expressway Project in Kuwait in partnership with American Companies.
* Tekfen Holding Co., Inc. is founded as the umbrella organization to coordinate the activities of the various Tekfen companies.
* Tekfen Manufacturing and Engineering Co., Inc. is established to manufacture steel storage tanks, pressurized vessels, drums, columns, reactors to serve the hydrocarbon industry.
* Tekfen Construction Ltd. transforms into a corporation under the name of Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc.
* Completion of Batman - Dörtyol Crude Oil Pipeline Project for Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO).
* Allied Lighting Industry and Trading Co., Inc. is established as a joint venture between Tekfen Industry and Trading Co., Inc. and N.V. Philips to produce fluorescent lamps.
* Tekfen Industry and Trading Co., Inc. is founded to produce incandescent lamps under TEKFEN brand name.
* The three partners establish Tekfen Construction Ltd., the company name being created by combining "Teknoloji" (Technology) and "Fen" (Science).
* Feyyaz Berker, Nihat Gökyiğit and Necati Akçağlılar form an engineering company.