Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc., - Compenon Bernard SGE - SAE International (France) J.V.
Ýstanbul Atatürk Olympic Stadium, another state of the art project successfully accomplished by Tekfen, is designed for 80.000 spectators.
The turnkey project’s scope also covers maintenance and management services undertaken by the contractors for a period of one year.
The architects of the complex are Michel Macari and Aymeric Zublena, who had previously designed Stade de France / Paris to host 1998 World Football Championship.
Ýstanbul Atatürk Olympic Stadium, an assertive project to support the City’s Olympic goal, has been built with the highest international safety and construction standards.
The Stadium’s two State of the Art Steel Roofs (2.800 t and 1.300 t) were produced by Tekfen’s Steel Structure Fabrication Plant at Ceyhan, Adana. The west roof, designed in the form of a crescent and principally composed of a 1.000 t main beam called mega-truss, is supported by two reinforced concrete shafts with 196 m span.
With its 134 entrances and 148 exit gates, the Olympic Stadium allows 80.000 to evacuate within 7,5 minutes, in case of any emergency. Two annex (warm up / training) fields are connected directly to the Olympic Stadium with an underground tunnel.
The Olympic Stadium’s superior technical infrastructure and design ensure perfect visibility from all stands; a homogeneous sound level (102 decibels) with the most modern speaker systems and 1.400 lux illumination at every single point.
42.200 m2 commercial and service / facility center is situated under the west roof with a frontage of 450 m and 6 floors (3 below ground).
• Excavation & Backfilling: 3.700.000 m3
• Micropiles: 2.240 units
• Concrete (cast in-situ): 60.000 m3
• Concrete (precast): 11.000 m3
• Reinforcement: 7.400 t
• Prestressing & Cable Stays: 40 t
• Steel Structures: 5.400 t
• Roofing & Cladding: 52.000 m2
• Pavement: 90.000 m2
• 80.000 seat capacity (48.500 covered) with permanent athletism tracks,
• 42.200 m2 commercial / facility building,
• Amphi-theatre with 300 seats capacity,
• Two elevated car parks with total capacity of 400 vehicles,
• 36 private-view lodges each fully equipped with a TV set, meeting table, comfortable arm chair(s) and a (drink / snack) bar with high bar stools,
• Each zone has its own access points, refreshment, first-aid and toilet facilities,
• All zone separators comply with the latest international safety standards.